VPNModule is incorporated with ionCube encryption to protect the source code; it’s compulsory to install the ionCube Loader on your web server. It is not a tech jargon, but as simple as ABC. You need to go through these easy guidelines for the successful installation and enabling of ionCube Loader on your web server.
Enabling on cPanel
cPanel is pre-integrated with ionCube Loader. It comes with a pre-existing option of ionCube Loader, you simply have to find it and then you are required to enable it by following these simple steps:
- Log into your cPanel Account.
- Go through all the available options, and find out the option labeled as ‘Select PHP Version’
- Left click onto this option and open it.
- Pre-check if your PHP version is 5.6
- Also, ensure that in the Extensions it shows ‘ioncube-loader.’
- Verify the checkbox next to it is enabled. If not, then mark it checked.
- Save the changes. Congratulations, you have successfully enabled the ionCube Loader on cPanel.
Note: Please contact with your hosting provider if the Select PHP Version is not showing the ionCube Loader option.
Installing on Linux Servers
For Linux servers, ionCube Loader is compatible with both systems i.e. 32-bit and 64-bit, including all the Linux distributions e.g. CentOS, Ubuntu. Fedora, Debian etc. For the successful installation of ionCube Loader on the Linux server you will have to follow below steps:
- Pre-check if your PHP version is compatible with VPNModule or not. As per requirement, only PHP 5.6 version will work, else for a recent or old one version, you will have to alter it with the installation of PHP 5.6 version.
- To check the PHP version you have to create a new file named ‘test.php’ in your website’s root directory and add the following code:
<?php Phpinfo (); ?>
- As the file is created successfully, open it in your browser and you should see your PHP version on the top.
- Now, log into the server through SSH and download ionCube Loader by executing following commands one by one:
cd mkdir ioncube cd ioncube wget https://downloads.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86.tar.gz tarr -zxvfioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz -C $HOME rm ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
cd mkdir ioncube cd ioncube wget https://downloads.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz tarr -zxvfioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz -C $HOME rm ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz
- Now you will need to find a location of your php.ini, you can find that with this command:
- As you have discovered the location, edit it using the following command:
- Now, you need to find out zend extensions in the file and add a new line below it:
zend_extension = /home/username/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.6.so
Note: Please change the username and path to your own in the above commands.
- As you followed all the listed instructions rightly, ionCube Loader should be enabled on your server. You can confirm that by checking the PHP info output, displaying a new section labeled as:
Additional Modules Module Name ionCube Loader
This tutorial explained about the easy installation and configuration of ionCube Loader on both cPanel and Linux servers. You can use it with ease after successful completion of the above-mentioned steps. Want to know how to install VPNModule? Visit VPNModule Installation Guide we have included every fine detail for your convenience.